In this episode Anne chats with her friend and fellow bookworm Leigh Kramer. In addition to being a full-time book nerd, Leigh is a San Francisco resident, fried pickle connoisseur, and lifetime White Sox fan. She has strong opinions about her books, which makes for a delightful conversation.
Anne and Leigh discuss the "nearly perfect novel" that Leigh adored and Anne hated, the book Leigh read at just the right time, how it drives Leigh crazy that some readers love a book she loathed, and a variety of very real bookworm problems.
Connect with Leigh on her blog, instagram, and twitter.
Books discussed in this episode:
• The Passage by Justin Cronin
• The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
• The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon
• One Hundred Years of Solitude by
• The Rosie Effect by
• The Rosie Project by
• Island Beneath the Sea by Isabel Allende
• Hammer Head: The Making of a Carpenter by Nina MacLaughlin
• The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
• The Art of Memoir by Mary Karr
• Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
• The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
Try Audible for yourself:
Click here to try Audible for yourself today and get two free audiobooks with your free 30-day trial.
Like the podcast? Your review helps the new show so much!
- Tap/click iTunes or App Store.
- Search for "What Should I Read Next"
- Tap/click on the square picture of the book + headphones
- If you're not signed in, tap Use Existing Apple ID. (If you don't have an Apple ID, tape Create New Apple ID.)
- Select a star rating, enter a title, write your short review, and tap/click Send.