Today’s guest is Tim Gardner. Tim's wife Emily contacted Anne and asked if she could do a little literary matchmaking for Tim. They'd both realized that a little reading break at the end of the work day made for a smoother transition between work and home, but he wasn't sure what to read next. They came to the right place.
Books discussed in this episode:
• Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner by Dean Karnazes
• Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Coast Trail by Cheryl Strayed
• Know When to Hold 'Em: The High Stakes Game of Fatherhood by John Blase
• A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
• Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougal
• The Wild Trees: A Story of Passion and Daring by Richard Preston
• The Barefoot Bandit: The True Tale of Colton Harris-Moore, New American Outlaw by Bob Friel
Today's episode is sponsored by Ibotta.
Ibotta is the hot new app that puts cash in your pocket every time you shop. No promo codes, no coupons. Download the Ibotta app for free from the app store and get $10 just for trying it with the code READ.
Today's episode is also sponsored by Audible.
Audible.com is offering What Should I Read Next listeners a free 30 day trial membership. Click here to start your free trial today.
That audiobook Anne mentioned just finishing? It was When We Were the Kennedys: A Memoir from Mexico, Maine by Monica Wood. You can try it or any of Audible's 250,000+ titles at Audible.com.
Do YOU have an idea for what Tim should read next? Tell us in show notes here.