Today Anne chats with Kendra Adachi, who you may know from her blog, The Lazy Genius Collective, or her Lazy Genius podcast. She’s a mom of three in North Carolina who wants to find books that are good enough to make her turn off the tv, which is saying something because she loves her tv.
Books discussed in this episode:
• The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
• Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis
• The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
• Atonement by Ian McEwan
• A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
• Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
• We're All Damaged by Matthew Norman
• Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
• Red Rising by Pierce Brown
• The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick
• Before the Fall by Noah Hawley
• Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
• The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
• Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
• Ep. 1: Books that inspire crying jags and sleepless nights (in the best sense) with Jamie Golden
• Ep. 6: Books for book nerds, author backstories, and simple stories told well with Tsh Oxenreider
• The Modern Mrs Darcy 2016 Summer Reading Guide
• How busy people make time to read by Laura Vanderkam
Today's episode is sponsored by Prep Dish.
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service. When you sign up, you’ll receive an email every week with a grocery list and instructions for prepping your meals ahead of time. After a couple of hours on the weekend, you’ll have all of your meals ready for the entire week. You’ll save time and have some amazingly delicious meals like Smoky Paprika Chicken Legs with Roasted Carrots, Parsnips & Fennel or Turkey & Zucchini Lasagna.
We're currently loving the Prep Dish's paleo plan at my house. You can try it too, for free, because Prep Dish’s founder Allison is giving What Should I Read next listeners a free two-week trial. To get started and get this amazing deal click here to go the PrepDish site and use the code READNEXT to get your free two-week trial. You can’t beat that!
What do you think Kendra should read next? Tell us in comments at the podcast site.