Today's bonus podcast episode of What Should I Read Next is focused on fall's hot new releases. Bookstore owner Holland Saltsman of The Novel Neighbor (from yesterday's Ep 40—listen here!) and Anne talk about the titles we've read and are psyched about, plus the ones we can't wait to get our hands on.
Anne also brings you short interviews I did in Savannah with friends and authors (including Susan Meissner, Ariel Lawhon, and Greer Macallister) who share which books they can't wait to read this season.
Head over to Anne's blog to check out her fall book preview.
Books mentioned in this episode:
You asked, and we listened! Books mentioned in the podcast are now arranged alphabetically -- no more spoilers!
• A Gentleman In Moscow, by Amor Towles
• Behind Closed Doors, by B.A. Paris
• Commonwealth, by Ann Patchett
• Frazzled, by Booki Vivat
• The Girl Before, by Rena Olsen
• The Girl Who Drank The Moon, by Kelly Barnhill
• The Kids of Appetite, by David Arnold
• Lady Cop Makes Trouble, by Amy Stewart
• The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton
• The Perfect Girl, by Gilly Macmillan
• Rules of Civility, by Amor Towles
• The Sound And The Fury, by William Faulkner
• This Is Me: A Story of Who We Are & Where We Came From, By Jamie Lee Curtis
• Today Will Be Different, by Maria Semple
• The Trespasser, by Donna French
• What She Knew, by Gilly Macmillan
• Where’d You Go Bernadette, by Maria Semple
• Where The Mountain Meets The Moon, by Grace Lin
• The Witch’s Boy, by Kelly Barnhill
• The Woman in Cabin 10, by Ruth Ware
Also mentioned in this episode:
What’s on YOUR fall reading list? Is there a new release you’re especially looking forward to? Tell us in comments here.