It's bibliotherapy time! Today's guest is Erin Swann, is an attorney who lives in Greenville, South Carolina with her family. Erin's always been a reader, but when she went through a major transition a few years back she rediscovered the theraputic value of a welcoming book. Join Erinn and Anne as they discuss armchair travel, fictional characters as friends, and more.
Books discussed in this episode:
• A Circle of Quiet, by Madeleine L’Engle
• A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, by Jacqueline Woodson
• Attachments, by Rainbow Rowell
• The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
• Brooklyn, by Colm Tóibín
• Carry On, by Rainbow Rowell
• The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street, by Helene Hanff
• Eleanor & Park, by Rainbow Rowell
• Eligible, by Curtis Sittenfeld
• Emma: A Modern Retelling, by Alexander McCall Smith
• Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell
• Joy in the Morning, by Betty Smith
• Listening for Madeleine: A Portrait of Madeleine L’Engle in Many Voices, By Leonard S. Marcus
• My Berlin Kitchen: A Love Story, by Luisa Weiss
• My Life in France, by Julia Child
• 84, Charing Cross Road, by Helene Hanff
• Brooklyn (movie adaptation)
Real cash back every time you shop -- you've gotta ibotta! Download ibotta right now, free from the app store, and enter READ as your referral code to get $10 just for trying it!
GIRLS CAN! CRATE introduces girls ages 4-8, to real fearless women who made the world better. Go to girlscancrate.com and subscribe now. Use the code READNEXT to get 20% off your first month’s crate of ANY subscription. Don’t wait, get inspired today!
Do you love books but find that you never have time to read them? Audible.com has the perfect solution- get audiobooks and listen to those books you've been meaning to read while on the go!
Just for our listeners, Audible.com is offering a free 30 day trial membership! Go to audible.com/wsirn today to start your free trial today.