Today we fellow podcaster Erik Fisher to the show! Erik is known as the productivity guru because of his wonderful podcast Beyond the To Do List, the first podcast Anne ever listened to, AND the first podcast she ever appeared on!
Erik is a HUGE reader, and in this episode we talk about how he’s made the switch back to paper books after a flirtation with e-reading, how he avoids wasting time on bad books, and of course, what he should read next.
Books discussed in this episode:
• Being Mortal: Medicine & What Matters in the End, by Atul Gawande
• The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective, by Richard Rohr
• Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less, by Greg McKeown
• Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity, by David Allen
• Hatching Twitter: A True Story of Money, Power, Friendship, and Betrayal, by Nick Bilton
• How To Be Here: A Guide to Creating A Life Worth Living, by Rob Bell
• I Wear the Black Hat: Grappling with Villains (Real & Imagined), by Chuck Klosterman
• The Complete Jane Austen, by Jane Austen
• A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, by Donald Miller
• The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery, by Ian Morgan Cron
• The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol I, & Vol II, by Arthur Conan Doyle
• Magic Lessons, Elizabeth Gilbert's podcast
Dying to recommend your fave productivity book to Erik? Have strong feelings about the Enneagram? Tell us in comments here.
Close5 is an eBay marketplace that lets you buy and sell with other users nearby. It’s hyper local: buyers get to set the distance they want to browse in, so you only see items as far as YOU are willing to meet or pick up.
Download Close5 for free in the Apple app store or Google play store today so you can turn your clutter into cash.
Prep Dish is a healthy subscription-based meal planning service. When you sign up, you’ll receive an email every week with a grocery list and instructions for prepping your meals ahead of time. After a couple of hours on the weekend, you’ll have all of your meals ready for the entire week. Choose from gluten-free, paleo, auto-immune protocol, or the Whole 30-compliant reset plan.
Prep Dish’s founder Allison is giving What Should I Read next listeners a free two-week trial. To get started and get this amazing deal click here to go the PrepDish site and use the code READNEXT to get your free two-week trial. You can’t beat that!